The other resolution I have kept and the MOST excited about is reading through the Bible in a year. Well, I haven't done the whole thing yet, but got a "Bible book" that has reading everyday. I am still in Genesis, some Psalms, some Proverbs and Matthew. The thing I am loving is Genesis. I am really starting to understand the genealogy of Jesus and see well, this person goes with this person and they had these kids, etc. Sometimes when they start doing "begot, begot, begot", I get a little bored, but I am actually finding myself wanting to read more - a real page turner! Who knew the Bible was that interesting? Well, God of course, but I haven't appreciated that until now. I am excited to learn more and stay up to date with it. I did get a few days behind last week, but didn't overwhelm myself and caught up as I could. This is going to be a GREAT YEAR!
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Resoluion Update
No, Jack isn't potty trained yet and I still haven't taken away his pacifier, but there are some resolutions that I have kept - for almost 3 full weeks! What? I know. I was in shock too. One was to lose some weight. Well, I have lost 8 1/2 lbs. It isn't a ton, but it is still fat and that is good. My goal is 20 lbs., so almost half way there. Craig and I have been on our diets for 2 weeks and so far, so good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yahoo for reading the Bible. I did the same "program" a couple of years ago, and I think I pretty much finished on time. I also agree that many times I wanted to keep reading, instead of stopping where it told me to in the book.
ReplyDeleteYou can't really put too much pressure on yourself to potty train Jack--you should have made that HIS resolution instead of yours! :)