Thursday, January 28, 2010

Kate's Quilt


I did it! I completed my first quilt ever. The dimensions are about 38x46, a little smaller than crib size, but perfect for Kate's first quilt. I really enjoyed doing it. It probably took me about 4 or 5 evenings to complete it. I cut the pieces, sewed the patches together and created the quilt top. Next, I added the edges. The batting was added to the top and put the bottom on. I used adhesive spray that I really liked to hold the pieces together. Pins can get tedious to get out and can stick you! Next was the quilting part. I decided probably do the easiest quilt design called "in the ditch". All you do is follow the seams and it doesn't show up as much. That took the longest amount of time as it should because that is the "quilting" part. Finally I added the edge or border and was done. I will definitely do another quilt soon. I love seeing the pattern and having a usable finished product.




1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that! It is beautiful!! I am amazed every time you make something new. You are really good at sewing.....Wow.

    ReplyDelete