I finally did it! I attempted the elusive pillowcase dress. They are all the rage these days of women who sew with little girls. I did it last night following the pattern of one I bought at a craft fair. I adjusted if for Kate's size now and actually it was really good on the size. There are some things I would do differently for next time like do the arm holes different and use a contrasting fabric on the bottom instead of ribbon, but I was actually quite proud of myself. I am excited to make more for Kate, my nieces and some other little girls I know. Doesn't Kate look so cute in the dress?!
In other news, I took Jack and Kate to Storytime at the local library with Lisa, Kayleigh and Brian. Jack and Kayleigh held hands all the way in and went to front. They never sat down but listened pretty well - Kayleigh better than Jack - and danced to the songs. They read a book, sing a song, alternating for about 30 minutes. About 10 minutes in, Jack started saying, "hi Mommy" at normal voice range and I had to tell him to be quiet so the other kids could not be distracted. A few minutes later, he was running around the room, so needless to say it was a semi-good success. I would take him again. It was fun. And, he got a cool book about the SuperWHY Superreaders (TV show) that was about Jack and the Beanstalk. Coincidence? I think not! Thanks for the invite, Lisa!
We're always glad to have you all along! And, I don't think Jack was distracting. He just has a louder voice than the other kids who weren't paying attention. :)
ReplyDeleteAren't you sad it's too cold for Kate to wear her dress out??