Craig and I rang in the new year the usual way - at home, almost falling asleep and watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Pretty slow, but pretty cool too. 2010 will be a great year! I am excited. I like even numbered years, even though my children were born in odd years and we were married in an odd year. Weird.
In Sunday school we talked about new years resolutions. I have never actually made them, but more have had ideas. The same thing will apply here. The only thing I really, really want to commit to this year is reading the entire Bible. I got a study Bible that goes through the year and every day you read different topics and they pull different sets of verses for that topic. The past few years I have been focusing on my life raising children (which never stops), being married and never focusing on me, but I want to focus on my relationship with God this year. I start tomorrow. I don't want to get discouraged and I will try and keep up with it. He has blessed me so much, I think it is about time to bless Him and get to know Him a little better.
Some less important things I would like to accomplish this year would be the following:
- Get Jack potty-trained
- Have Jack give up his pacifier
- Lose a little weight
- Spend more time with my husband
- Improve on my sewing skills
- Try to stick to our budget
- Spend less time on Facebook (this may require getting off Facebook)
- Run another 5K and maybe a 10K (I may be dreaming)
I may need to add some things. Have a blessed 2010!
No comments:
Post a Comment