Monday, January 4, 2010

Party and a Potty Break

Today is the DAY - my birthday. We celebrated last night at my parents'. Our friends, the Eikelands, came over and it was fun night. My mom made Mexican - yummy - and I made the cake. I like doing the fondant cakes with marshmallows, so I made my own. I got some fabric, baking stuff, some shirts and a gift card to Joann's. Craig said that should be for an 80-year old birthday. I am just getting in touch with my geriatric side. I enjoyed being with family and friends; I couldn't ask for a better birthday!

In other news, we are on a potty break. It just hasn't clicked with Jack with no fault of his own, he is just not quite ready. So, we will try again in about another month and see if things improve. He went about 3 times in 5 days and I thought by the 4th or 5th day it might be improving, but he is showing no interest and for ALL our sanity, we will revisit the potty in due time.

My sewing machine has gotten some use lately. I made another nursing cover for Lisa and then made a sewing machine cover and a shopping bag with case. I got the ideas from my 101 One- Wonders. I also went on a spending spree (with gift cards) to Joann's and bought some great fabric and other items I had been wanting for cake making. I am planning on getting out the machine this week to work on more. This is what I managed to whip out the other night...


No comments:

Post a Comment