Thursday, January 14, 2010

Quilting


Yep. I have decided to do it; quilt. I am going to use a sewing machine, so it shouldn't take me months. I am hoping more like weeks. I had no real inspiration other than I wanted to do something different than my "normal sewing projects". I bought an Encyclopedia on Quilting, a cutting mat, a ruler and a rotary cutting tool and started thinking about what I wanted to do. I decided that Kate would be my guinea pig again and I would make her a quilt from mommy. I decided to do a child-sized one with pinks and browns. I got all my stuff together and was ready to cut when I realized...I have no idea how to even start! I am a "do" learner instead of a hearing or reading learner. Thankfully, my husband was there to save the day. He read on how to cut and walked me through the steps. Yes, Craig could now possibly quilt. It really was a team effort. Here are some panels I got done. Only 17 more to go! Who said quilting takes only a few days...pfff!



1 comment:

  1. super cute!!!!!! i can't wait to see craig again to get some quilting advice. :)

    ReplyDelete