Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Heart Like His

When you think of David in the Bible, what do you think of?  I thought of Psalms, Goliath and a man after God's own heart.  Those are all pretty good things to be associated with.  I picked up a study by Beth Moore called, A Heart Like His: Seeking the Heart of God through a Study of David a few months back and started doing it on my own.  I then felt led to do a Bible study with more than just myself.  We have 8 girls in the group and have met twice.  There is a lot of stuff I had no idea about.  1 Samuel offers quite a story!  I felt at sometimes I was reading a real-life soap opera.  A murder plot, best friends, power, giants, love, comedy, acting - it had it all. I have also seen such a wonderful parallel between Saul and David and Christians today.  God is showing me a lot about unconditional love, fear, jealousy and so many other things.  Each week we have had great conversation and I feel like God is really opening hearts and ears to learn.  I can't wait to see what else David and his story has to offer us.  Isn't our ultimate goal to have a heart like His?

/files/Women's Ministries/New Image.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment