
I started on it last night after I realized I messed up another project. I started smocking a cute purple bishop dress for Kate to wear the Sunday around her birthday. It had a cute cupcake on it. My problem was I took out the gathering threads too soon before putting the neckband on. I was so disappointed. However, this pattern and some cute fabric saved the day and Kate has a new birthday Sunday outfit. The added difficulty with this pattern were the buttons. I have NEVER done buttonholes before and was actually quite intimidated. All it took was patience and reading the directions on my machine. The buttonholes went very well. I did manually sew the buttons on because it was easier. I am actually very proud of it and I LOVE IT. I then added an iron on "K" to it and I think it turned out so cute. I will need to pin the top of the pants a little bit because they are a tad big. I guess I thought Kate was fatter. :-)
Front
Back
My first button and buttonhole!
The pretty girl - look at those shoes! Love them!
Finally, something about Jack-man (as Lisa refers to him). If you don't know, Jack is obsessed with The Backyardigans. They are actually very cute and fun. Unfortunately, the show is only in syndication and no new shows are produced. This also means there is not a lot of stuff - clothes, toys, etc. out there. I found Iron-On transfers for like $2 on Ebay and made him a shirt. I also have a surprise for his birthday, too.
I have lots for cute fabrics to work with and my next project will be to finish a tree skirt for a certain someone (Val) so they can get it soon!
I was just thinking about my tree skirt yesterday! :) I'm so glad that you were willing to work on it for me. I know it's going to turn out great and I'm looking forward to using it this year with our little one.
ReplyDeleteKate's outfit is so cute! You did a great job on it.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAwesome job!! How did you put the K on? Do you have an embroidery machine or attachment for your sewing machine???
ReplyDeleteIf so, I am SO JEALOUS!!!!
Thanks, Sarah. Oh, how I wish I had an embroidery machine. However, some Wrights Iron On Appliques and an iron did the trick. I am hoping to get an embroidery machine soon, though.
ReplyDelete