Well, after much thought and prayer. I have decided to end my relationship with Facebook. There are a few different reasons for this. If you care, here they are:
1) It was beginning to take too much of my time. I would find myself checking it every few hours or more to see what someone was doing or what was new. I need to refocus what my priorities are and really not spend so much time on the computer or my IPod or my cellphone (which all have access to Facebook).
2) Another reason is that I feel like I allow people a glimpse into my life who don't necessarily care about me or what is going on. Part of that is my fault because I have put pictures and stories on there that everyone can see and I think they care. Not everyone is like this, but sometimes it just seems so impersonal.
3) I did drop some of my "friends" but still some of my friends chose to participate in activities or say things that I don't feel are appropriate or Christ-like. Most everyone is fine, but sometimes lines get blurred and I just felt like God was telling me to back off.
I would like to say, on a final note, that Facebook is not a terrible thing. I have seem some good stuff come out of it, but for me, it is time to focus more on different things. I love blogging and expressing myself and I really don't need to be so concerned with what other people are doing. All of these are just my opinions and if you are on Facebook, I don't think you are making a bad decision, just not for me anymore! Come back and see me here - I will now have plenty to share!
Monday, July 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jenna, we need to exchange numbers so that you can let me know when you're town to hang out. :) Kudos for following God's lead and your personal convictions! I know He will bless your choice. Our "thing" is that we got rid of our main TV and we only keep 1 in our bedroom for watching movies. A lot of people think it's weird, but we felt like God was challenging us to turn the focus of our home more on Him and less on distractions. It has really been awesome for us as individuals, in our relationships with God, and as a family. Again...you go, girl! ;)
ReplyDelete