Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Kung Fu and Katey Poo

Yesterday, I ventured to the movies with two 2-year olds.  Our local theater offers "Summer Movie Camp" and entrance is just $1.  They show a different kid-friendly movie every Tuesday at 10am during the summer and all proceeds benefit charity.  The concession stand also offers discounted food.  I didn't take Kate, instead I took Paige, my niece.  I have already done something with Blake and Claire before, but have never taken Paige.  She can sit the longest and watch TV, so we thought she would be the best choice for the first time.  Kung Fu Panda was showing and I made sure it was friendly enough for toddlers.  We got in, got settled with our popcorn and fruit snacks and lasted about 45 minutes.  Paige was actually great.  She had me take her shoes off and was watching the movie and surroundings intently.  Jack was good, but became disinterested when his popcorn cup was empty.  He said, "I done".  Of course I would have liked to make it longer, but I only lost $7 total and it was a good test at a great price.  I would hate to spend $30 for us to go to a movie and then leave 40 minutes in.  I didn't want too many expectations and it was fun.  I am glad we did it.  I think if he was interested more in the subject matter (i.e. Toy Story, Cars, etc.) he would have made it longer.  All he knew was the fat panda.  I think we will have more success next summer when he is almost 4.

This is Paige's "cheese" face.  

I leave you with bittersweet news.  Our baby girl is 11 months old today!  This time last year, I was very pregnant and ready for her to be born.  Now, I am waiting on her to walk.  It is bitter because she is growing up so quickly, but sweet because I can't wait to see her grow and become a wonderful little girl.  We are very blessed.


2 comments:

  1. Jenna:
    I love reading your blogs. Happy 11th month birthday Kate! I love love love the outfit, did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laureen! I am so excited to find you have a blog and you are now added to the blog roll - yay! I did not make the outfit. This was bought. I am not that good at smocking...yet :-)

    ReplyDelete