Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sewing - I Might Have a Problem

I might be a tad out of control.  I am addicted to sewing.  I have in my mind to make most of Kate's clothes for the winter and fall, but that probably won't happen.  I am just enjoying learning and growing in the craft.  Last week I was at Wal-Mart and all their pre-cut fabric was $1/yard for cute stuff, so I picked up 18 yards and am already using some for projects.  I have also made a few things for myself and another outfit for Jack.

Something I am really excited about is a Sewing Group at our church.  We are going to do a devotion, sew for fun and sew for others.  We will make stuff for places like homeless shelters, children in need and new mothers.  I am super excited about God using something I and several women in our church like to grow His kingdom!

IMG_2242

IMG_2253

IMG_2252

Knotty-Apron Shirt
IMG_9925

Dino Shorts and Applique Shirt
IMG_2250

I finally got around to making pillows for our couch we have had about 4 months.  I made 4 of them and put zippers on all of them to be able to take them off and wash them.  They tend to get dirty with the kids.
IMG_9934

Double Ruffle Pants - Mary Abreu's Little Girls, Big Style Book.  This outfit cost me about $8.  I would say that is pretty good deal for handmade clothes are cute!
IMG_9929

Up next we have are keeping it pretty low-key except for a girls getaway/business trip with my mom to San Antonio in a few weeks and Jack and Kate's birthdays!  In the meantime, I will probably be sewing and taking pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment