Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Summer Sewing Projects

Between all our June and July activities, I haven't blogged much about what I have been up to with my sewing.  I have more ideas and fabric than I do time, but I am managing to squeeze a few projects in here and there.  I am starting to branch out and work on more challenging projects.  I did my first zipper and have worked with piping.

Children's Corner - Hillary - I was disappointed I didn't make Kate a dress for Easter, so I put that behind me and whipped this out for a cute summer dress.
IMG_0325

Sew Sweet Patterns - Saffron Romper - Loving this for summer!
    IMG_0331

Whale applique shirt and shorts - Loved this pattern and I like the way the whale applique came out.  Shorts are Sew Sweet Patterns - Lucy Shorts
IMG_1647

Close up of side button detail
IMG_1646

4th of July dress - McCalls Yoke Dress Pattern
IMG_2236

First Zipper!
IMG_2237

Sew Sweet Patterns - Reversable Harper Dress (Side 1) - Kind of disappointed here.  This is a size 2, but way to short to be a dress.  So, we will add some leggings and make it a long shirt for school.
IMG_9473

Sew Sweet Patterns - Harper Reversable Dress (Side 2)
IMG_9477

This was my biggest challenge - Made by Rae Toddler Backpack.  It took me some time, but I finished it and happy with the final product. This will be for Kate for preschool in the fall.  I am thinking I will get her name embroidered on it too.
IMG_9481

IMG_9489

Ready for school!
IMG_9493

Yes, all of these are for Kate, but I have something in the works for Jack.  He has requested something dinosaurs, so I will be making him something soon.  Tomorrow night I am hosting a sewing night and teaching some girls how to sew or improve on their sewing.  Super excited!

1 comment:

  1. Jenna-
    I love everything that you made for Kate! I'm having a hard time picking my favorite, because they are all adorable.

    ReplyDelete