Thursday, May 19, 2011

Reese Abigail is Here!

Tuesday afternoon at 1:18pm, my beautiful, and I mean really beautiful niece, Reese arrived.  She was 7lbs. 3oz. and 20 1/4 inches long.  Before she was born Brent, my mom, dad, Kimberly's dad, Kimberly's step-mom and I  all "called" her weight and length.  I was the closest with 7lbs. 4oz. and 20 1/4 inches long.  Not too bad, huh?  I should be a baby estimator.

Look how good Kimberly looks!
IMG_9399

Paging Dr. Brent
IMG_9402

IMG_9411

IMG_9438

Look at all that dark hair!
IMG_9447

The 4 kids - Blake, Paige, Claire and Reese
IMG_9463

IMG_9487

IMG_9468

IMG_9499

She is so sweet and beautiful.  The delivery went well.  Her umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck 6 times, though.  We are so thankful for God's provision and protection of both Kimberly and Reese.  God is so good.  They are adjusting well.  Figuring out her eating (which she is a GREAT eater), sleeping and Kimberly is getting her on a schedule (we love BabyWise around here).  Claire, Paige and Blake seemed pretty interested when they met her.  Claire said, "she is so cute, I wuv her".  Paige was concerned about what candy was on the floor and Blake like to pat her head.  Jack was pretty cool about it and Kate was really into her and kept saying "baby" and rubbing her head.  Tomorrow they go home and back to reality, but after a few days, they will get settled into their new routine with a family of 6.  

Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate. Psalm 127:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment