I like how it twirls out when you sit
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
First "Sew" of 2011
Christmas curtailed my sewing, but since the new year, I have had tons of new ideas and a little more time. I got some new patterns and fabrics and I am excited about some spring/summer dresses and outfits for Kate. I made a twirl skirt for Kate with several different fabrics with the garnet and gold colors for our Seminoles. I was also excited because I made my own bias tape for the first time. I used it on the bottom and all I did was use the iron and decided how big I wanted it. When I put it on her, she wanted me to take several pictures of her, so I did! The pattern is Pouty Princess Double Layer Twirl Skirt from You Can Make This. Found that new site and love it. Tons of patterns and neat ideas. Here are few pics of my baby "picture hog"...
This dress is my usual, simple A-line (Bonnie Blue Pattern - Madison) and I dressed it up a little. Ivey Crenshaw (see her blog to the right) takes patterns and does different things with them or adds all types of flair to them and I get some ideas from there. I put the extra fabric, ribbon and buttons down the front and kept the back simple with one button top center on the back. LOVED the lighthouse fabric when I found it and got it for like $2/yard on Joann's Red Tag Table. Should be a fun summer dress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If I looked that cute I'd want you to take a bunch of pictures of me, too!!
ReplyDelete