Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Monarch Butterflies

What a fun day!  Lisa and I took the kids to the national wildlife refuge to see the monarch butterfly migration.  They travel from up north, here and eventually to Mexico.  I didn't know how many we would find, but there were quite a few.  Most of them were more near the water which would couldn't get to.  The kids liked looking for them.  We saw an alligator too and then Lisa took the kids down to the beach and saw hundreds of tiny crabs.  They loved that.  We told the kids to run around (which in mom terms, means wear yourself out) and then went to the picnic area for lunch.  The weather was great.  We again let the kids explore near the ponds and headed home.  It was a really great day and I enjoy doing different things like that and being outside!

IMG_7593

IMG_7600

IMG_7605

IMG_7611

IMG_7628

IMG_7637

IMG_7647

IMG_7650

No comments:

Post a Comment