Monday, October 25, 2010

Firetrucks

We got back last night from a weekend in O-Town.  We visited Craig's dad, step-mom, brother and sister.  The kids had fun playing and we relaxed and visited.  We stayed at a hotel and Jack was in love!  We were so excited too, because our $67/night room (that is usually $230 - thanks Priceline) was a king suite!  Jack got his own pull out bed and Kate slept in her pack n play.  It was good because they could go to sleep and then we could watch TV in our room.  Sunday we went to IKEA.  I needed nothing, but wanted everything.  I got Kate a new high chair I had wanted, a wok, some toddler cups and some tea lights.  I could look for hours.  I could have eaten there too.  The food looked so good.  We then tried to get a new adapter for the portable DVD player.  We stopped by Radio Shack and tried one out.  As they plugged it in, I noticed smoke coming from the DVD player!  Needless to say, I think our issue with it not working is more than just a broken car adapter.

Today we made plans with Lisa, Brian and Kayleigh to go to the local fire station and see the trucks and firefighters.  We are very grateful for their service and wanted to make them something too.  We made a cookie cake and had the kids decorate it.  It looked like a gobbled mess, but they were appreciative.  Jack wouldn't get in the fire truck because it actually was really high.  Kayleigh got in the big truck and Jack tried, but was scared.  Maybe next time.  He did however, like the smaller brush truck and they sat in that one.  He also liked the amblance (aka the ambulance).  All the trucks were quite impressive and we appreciate all their service to our community.

Look how big those tires are?!  Jack wouldn't even get near the truck.

Brush Truck



Firefighter Kayleigh in the firetruck


1 comment:

  1. No picture of the decorated cake?? I'm sure it was delicious even if it looked like a mess.

    ReplyDelete