Fall is here! Well, it is 10 degrees less than it was last week. Little victories. The new weather has also brought sinus infections and illness to our crew, but we are doing great. I picked up a Betty Crocker mini recipe cookbook in the line at the store and it had Cake Pops on them in a pumpkin style. I wasn't really looking for pumpkins, but cake pops are awesome! I made them Saturday night using the recipe in the book (from
Bakerella). I used butter cake and vanilla and chocolate candy coating. I had some issues with getting the candy coating to melt into the consistency I wanted, but I ended up using a double boil system (placing a glass bowl above a pot of semi-boiling water). It worked pretty well. After adding some fall sprinkles, they were complete and yummy. I will make them again, but probably only for holidays and special occasions as they can be a lot of work.
Kate is now 13 months old and walking like a mad woman. Her hair is also getting a lot longer and I attempted to put it in pig tails...and it somewhat worked.
And, here is our "big guy" getting out the shower. Yes, he takes showers sometimes. The funniest thing is that the towel around him is a hand towel, so he is still our little guy.
I LOVE cake pops! Haven't tried making them yet though, yours turned out cute! Kate's pigtails are adorable! and Jack is so cute with the towel around his waste, he's a little man!
ReplyDeleteThey were DELICIOUS!!!
ReplyDeleteI had cake pops for the first time this summer at a friend's baby shower. Yum!
ReplyDeleteKate's pigtails are so cute! I can't believe you can wrap a hand towel around Jack!