Jack and Lane ready to take-off
Kate's turn down the runway
Next, we went to a huge park and had a picnic with the lunches we packed. They also had some old houses at the park and we just let the kids run around. I got some great pictures of Lane. Jack had a bag of Vanilla Wafers with him with a stuffed mouth so, I didn't get too many of him. It was nice and relaxing and perfect before naptime.
Sharing snacks
We headed back to the house and the kids napped. When they woke up, they did a little more swimming, we ate dinner and then headed out to this awesome ice cream shop downtown that had ice cream and gelato. It was like a coffee shop and had horse saddles at a bar to sit at. There were books and chess too.
A little coffee/ice cream shop reading
Thomas (and Jack) coming down the tracks
It was a busy, but wonderful day. We got up the next morning and left about 9. We got home a little before bedtime. We and the kids were tired from traveling, but we seemed to have recovered. We hope to get back up there again and visit our wonderful hosts, Mike, Leeann and Lane!
And, check out my photography blog. I have some great shots there of our weekend.
And, check out my photography blog. I have some great shots there of our weekend.
I love the Observation Park. What a great idea! The saddle seats at the ice cream shop are cute, but I don't need anything like that to lure me to get ice cream. :)
ReplyDelete