Monday, August 9, 2010

Birthday Shirts and More

I've had the sewing bug recently since I picked up some new patterns and fabrics for Fall.  Here are a few things I've done recently...

Kimberly helped me pick out this cute owl fabric.  I used the Bonnie Blue Madison for the top and the Bonnie Blue Hallie for the bottoms.  When I first did the pants, I thought, "oh no, Kate is going to look like a scarecrow".  But after, I got them on her, they weren't too bad.  What I am thinking about some of these fall and winter outfits is I will add solid long-sleeve shirts under them when needed.


This jumper was made because she needs more church clothes, but I loved the color of the corduroy and look at the applique!  Penguins are just too cute!


Finally, I got their birthday shirts done.  I used iron on transfers (I got them on Ebay for $2/transfer) and bought plain t-shirts.  I think they will look so cute.  Also, if you didn't remember, the theme is The Backyardigans.  I also made Kate a birthday skirt to go with the shirt.




When I ordered them, I got a blue #1 and a pink #3 (the order got mixed up), so if you know someone whose kid likes the Backyardigans and needs one of these, let me know.  I will be back next week with stories from our trip to North Carolina to see friends!  We are excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment