Friday, May 7, 2010

Bathing Babies

At the end of the day, the last thing I want to do and bathe a kid.  It actually is quite a workout and I am tired by then.  Craig helps when he is here, but generally I am doing it alone.  I have started bathing them at the same time which helps, but it is still tough.  Kate does great and likes playing in the water.  Jack likes playing too, but doesn't like his hair washed and likes to stay in longer than I would like.  Even though it is tiring and I am ready to get them in bed, something about clean babies in their pjs is so sweet and wonderful.  I love cuddling because they smell good and all that dirt, the peas and leftover puffs are gone and they are fresh!  Tonight I also put Kate in 12-month pjs!  She is only 8 months.  Why is my baby girl growing so fast?


Jack also likes to relax before bedtime.  Our routine consists of bath, reading 2 books, get in bed, sing 2 songs and make sure we have the right blankets, pacis, and socks and we are set.  He is a lot more detailed than Kate, but I am sure we will get there at some point.  Occasionally, I let him watch some TV while I get Kate in bed.  Tonight he watched some Backyardigans and relaxed in our bed.  He usually has his pjs on by now...

(Notice how the bandaids are not on his scratches, but other areas of his legs...funny kid).  I love these kids!

1 comment: