Sunday, May 30, 2010

Slides and Snow Cones

Summer is in full swing here.  Mornings and noontimes are filled with sunshine and afternoons filled with thunderstorms, just in time for naps!  Craig and I have been doing some outdoor activities with Jack.  We usually do this when Kate is asleep as she can't do too much outside.  Today, we got out the slip and slide.  The first time I went down it, I immediately went back to when I was about 8.  I wanted to add soap, but reminded myself we have a 2 year old and a trip to the ER would not be fun.  However, Craig, Jack and I got some serious sliding on and it was great fun.  We had to assist Jack down the slide as he is experienced enough yet.  Unfortunately, our sliding was too much for it and we tore open the end part with the water.  A trip to Toys R Us tonight cured that and we shall reconvene the slipping and sliding soon. Here are some pictures from today....




In other news, I was inspired by a friend of a friend's blog to buy a snow cone machine.  I told Craig and he said, "Are we made of money?".  I said, you can't put a price tag on fun and cold deliciousness.  Anyway, for the semi-low price of $18.88 plus tax you can purchase this at your local Wal-Mart...
(Side note, the other side is in English, so I did figure out how to use it).  Look at the faces on the box - aren't they in heaven???  I didn't want to spend more money on syrup, so I made my own using Kool-Aid.  All you need are the following ingrediants...
Bring 2 cups (yes, 2) of sugar and 3/4 cups water to boil.  Boil for 1 minute.  Add Kool-Aid packet and mix in.  Pour into any container.  They say to refrigerate, but it got too thick, so I have left them out.  You only need a little syrup as it is thick.  We made Berry Blue, Strawberry and Grape.  The Berry Blue was really good.  I am hoping to find more flavors.  Good summer fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment