Friday Kimberly had an appointment in a city about 2 hours away. We thought Brent had to work, so I planned on going with her and all 5 kids to the appointment. Then, we were going to the zoo. Brent ended up not working, but kept Kate instead. We got up at 5am and left at 6am with the kids (it was about 2 hours away). We got there for her appointment and I sat in the lobby with the 4 kids for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. We sang songs, read books and pointed out body parts. I also used our best tool, snacks to keep the kids entertained. I also answered questions from the lobby guests. Some of the answers were, "no they're not quads", "he's almost 3, they are almost 2", "I'm the aunt" and a few others. Some general phrases from me you could hear during the visit were, "Jack do you need to pee-pee", "Paige get down, you can't sit her lap (she was sitting in some random women's lap)", "Blake, one piece of candy at a time", "Jack and Paige stop yelling answers to me". For that long, they were stellar and everybody thought they were adorable.
Next, we hit the zoo.We got there about 10:45 and it apparently was "field-trip Friday" because there were tons of kids! The kids were free and it was only $13 for an adult. We figured even if we are here an hour, we haven't spent much money. The zoo itself was great and the animals were really close, but we were exhausted and the triplets, especially, were kind of indifferent about the whole thing. With zone defense, we didn't have an much opportunity to hold the kids up over the fences and look at all the animals. We hit the highlights - elephants, rhinos, penguins, monkeys, apes, gators, etc. and saw the giraffes. At this zoo, you can feed the giraffes! I wasn't sure if Jack would be scared, so we didn't do it, but next time we will. They were so close and that by far, for me, was the best part. Jack didn't get to ride the train that goes around the park, so we will have to do that next time too and take more adults so we can do more things. We left about 12:30 and headed home. Overall, the kids were really great, Jack was a chatter-box, but I knew that. We'll go back, in a few years, with more adult helpers!
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment