Thursday, December 30, 2010

Nap Mat Tutorial and Jack's Hair Cut

Jack needed a haircut.  The barber shop has been daunting since the day I took him in for the first time.  There is screaming, crying, bear hugging, bribing, threatening and face-holding involved.  He hit 3 and seemed to do much better and has, but yesterday, he was not feeling a hair cut.  I left with him and took him home.  I said either I cut your hair or Daddy takes you back to the barber shop.  He chose the first.  It is not glamorous, but will do until next time, then Daddy is taking him!

Pre-Cut

Post-Cut

In sewing news, I made my first nap mat.  I found THIS tutorial online by Jenny Garland and it was pretty easy to follow and turned out pretty good.  I love how it rolls up and you can tote it all with you.  It has the mat, pillow and blanket all in one!  The only changes I would have made would be to use the minky fabric like she suggested (I used fleece) and that made too much fabric.  Jack loved it so much today, he took his nap on it in his new tent.





Speaking of the tent, Kate and Jack have been playing in it a lot.  Kate also loves to wear hats and she grabbed Jack's Braves hat to wear around the house.





1 comment:

  1. It looks like you did a good job on Jack's hair. It's always better to let Daddy deal with the crying child! :)

    I love the nap mat! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete