Monday, November 1, 2010

Personalized T-Shirts

Lately, I have been having fun with the iron!  I have been creating personalized iron-on shirts for the kids.  They are great for holidays, birthdays and everyday.  My first were the Backyardigans numbers for Kate's and Jack's 1st and 3rd birthday.  I wanted some shirts for the kids that were personalized, but they were selling on Etsy and such for about $20.  Well, if I bought one for the fall and one each for Christmas, that would be $80 for t-shirts.  So, I found a site on Etsy that you can get some designs personalized.  I also have been playing around with Photoshop to create some of my own designs.  I have found that dark fabric iron-on transfer paper is the best.  It holds up better in the wash and looks better and clearer.  I have been buying shirts at Wal-Mart, Garanimals brand, but any plain shirt will do.  I do prewash the shirts to compensate for any shrinking.  The best news is that they are really cute.  If I buy a design, the cost of the shirt with the design, paper and shirt is about $7.  If I do the design, about $5.  Can't be it!  Here are some designs I have ordered and then created for the kids, friends or my nieces and nephew...


    





Here are some I designed - not as awesome, but I am working on it.  I just need a class on how to use Photoshop - it is hard!

This one says, "I'm a Hoot" and has the owl.


This one says, "Happy Fall Yall" and has an acorn on it - look at that belly!  Oh, and no toddler should be allowed to wear white.  This shirt didn't last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment