Monday, November 22, 2010

The Dreaded BUG

Let me give you a run down of past 4 days...


Thursday, 11:30PM.  My stomach starts hurting, so I take some Pepto (nasty, wonderful stuff)
Friday, 1AM.  I begin, yes begin, to throw up.
Friday, 2:35AM.  Call my mom and tell her I have thrown up several times and have ummm, other stuff.
Friday, 2:35AM - 3:30AM.  Throw up more.
Friday, 3AM - Contemplate getting a gun and possibly a trip to the ER.
Friday, 3:30AM.  Send Craig to Wal-Mart to get suppositories and Gatorade.  
Friday, 3:50AM.  Craig arrives back with LAXATIVE suppositories.  NOTE:  There is a difference between the ones you get from the doctor and these.  Not.A.Good.Idea.
Friday, 4AM - 7AM. More throw up and ummm, other stuff.
Friday 7:30AM - Craig stays home with me and kids to help.
Friday 8AM - Craig gets Kate up.  What is she covered in?  Yep, throw up.
Friday 8:30AM - I stop throwing up, finally.
Friday 8:30AM - 11:30AM - Lay in bed motionless while I await my doctor to mosey into her office at 11AM to call in the right suppository prescription.


In between this time, Kate throws up 3 more times.  Craig actually catches it once in his paper-towel, covered hands.


Friday afternoon - Saturday afternoon:  Kate and I recovering.


Saturday, 6:30PM - Craig stomach starts hurting.  Yep, and the madness begins again.  He and Kate are tied for the amount of times to throw up and Craig took longer to recover.


I feel back to 100% today.  Craig still has lingering affects, but should be close to 100% by tomorrow.


Now, here are a few notes about this whole thing:


1 - I have found out how to lose 5 lbs. in 24 hours!
2 - It may be a "24-hour bug", but the bug hung around a lot longer than that.  He apparently was packed for the weekend.
3 - Craig is awesome.  
4 - My mom and mother-in-law offered tons of much needed emotional (my mom) and physical (mom-in-law) support.  THANK YOU, BOTH!
5 - If you are sick, stay home.  
6 - Don't use laxative suppositories.  You will lose.
7 - Ice chips are great, even if you are going to throw them up in 5 minutes.
8 - Kids rebound quickly.  Resilient, little boogers.
9 - Watching kids throw up or about to is the saddest thing.
10 - And, let me mention again, Craig was a rock star on Friday!  Thanks!


I usually put photos with my post, but you do not want to see anything about this weekend.


Have a great week and an awesome Thanksgiving!  I am Thankful for health!



2 comments:

  1. I'm afraid the bug wandered over here. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck! Not a fun way to spend a weekend. And why do guys always take longer to get better? Big babies! :) Glad you are all feeling better!

    ReplyDelete