Today was Jack's 3rd Thanksgiving and Kate's 1st. We had a great day. Jack actually spent the night with Papa and Gigi (and Blake) and Craig and I got some quality time with Kate last night at dinner and this morning. I did some cooking this morning and actually did a little shopping today. I headed to Old Navy at noon and got some great deals on jeans and stuff. I returned to find my sweet little girl had a major explosion and ruined her cute Thanksgiving turkey shirt. I was disappointed, but she couldn't help it. Ah, the joys of cute, little babies. We then went to my parents and had a tasty dinner. Today was pretty low-key (minus the 5 kids under 2 being toddlers and babies) and we enjoyed our day just eating and being together. I also was able to get some additional projects done the past few nights. I made 2 shirts for Paige and Claire using the backstitch and sewing some grosgain ribbon on the bottoms. I then painted a piggy bank for Kate. When I was little, I collected pigs and not that I necessarily want her to collect them too, but it is nice memory for me and she is my "little piggy". Tomorrow, we are planning on doing some shopping! Again, I am so wonderfully thankful and blessed with my children, husband, health, family and friends. God has given us more than we deserve. Thanks be to Him!
Friday, November 27, 2009
The Season Begins!
Today was Jack's 3rd Thanksgiving and Kate's 1st. We had a great day. Jack actually spent the night with Papa and Gigi (and Blake) and Craig and I got some quality time with Kate last night at dinner and this morning. I did some cooking this morning and actually did a little shopping today. I headed to Old Navy at noon and got some great deals on jeans and stuff. I returned to find my sweet little girl had a major explosion and ruined her cute Thanksgiving turkey shirt. I was disappointed, but she couldn't help it. Ah, the joys of cute, little babies. We then went to my parents and had a tasty dinner. Today was pretty low-key (minus the 5 kids under 2 being toddlers and babies) and we enjoyed our day just eating and being together. I also was able to get some additional projects done the past few nights. I made 2 shirts for Paige and Claire using the backstitch and sewing some grosgain ribbon on the bottoms. I then painted a piggy bank for Kate. When I was little, I collected pigs and not that I necessarily want her to collect them too, but it is nice memory for me and she is my "little piggy". Tomorrow, we are planning on doing some shopping! Again, I am so wonderfully thankful and blessed with my children, husband, health, family and friends. God has given us more than we deserve. Thanks be to Him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm trying to tell what is on the shirts. They are super cute, though!
ReplyDeleteThey are ornaments. Thanks!
ReplyDelete