Friday, November 6, 2009

First of Many

Yesterday was Kate's 2 month appointment and she did great, even with 3 shots. We are good, or so I thought. I picked up the kids and we came home. Kate had a major blow-out and she needed a full makeover. I laid her down on the floor and got her all cleaned up. Jack came into her room and saw the hand sanitizer. Jack is notorious for clean hands (yeah, right). He loves washing them and sanitizing. He grabbed the bottle on the back of the changing station. With the grab the entire station fell down and Kate was just about to be smashed underneath it. I was right there and managed to stop the station from falling on her, but her humidifier (the coy pig below) fell on her and hit her in the head. She cried, Jack was calling "sissy", I was thinking my child has a concussion. I called Craig and then we called Urgent Care. She was fine. She was smiling and cooing at me after she stopped crying and has been fine since. It was a little swollen, but I was so worried with a head injury. That pig's bottom weighs a lot. I think Jack felt bad and has been kissing her all day. I am sure this is the first of many bumps and bruises Kate will have; hopefully too many won't be inflicted by her big brother.
The Injured
The Injurer

1 comment:

  1. Poor Kate! And poor Jack! It sounds like he felt really bad for what he had done. Poor you for that happening to your kids!

    ReplyDelete