Sunday, November 29, 2009
I Love Sundays
Sundays are great. Yes, Satan does try and attack when you are going to worship, but overall at the end of the day, everything is just right. We made it to Sunday school and church this morning, got our Christmas tree after church, came home and Craig and the kids slept, I got to attempt a new baking thing, called my mom-in-law to wish her a happy birthday and she got to see the kids thanks to Skype (we now use this and really like it instead of Live Messenger) and went to dinner at my parents. All in all, a nice day. Another reason I like Sundays, is that I get to dress my kids up in cute clothes. Something new I tried today is making fondant using marshmallows and powdered sugar - very easy. I recently had it at our friend's son 1st birthday and it was delicious. I like the way fondant looks, but it usually is disgusting tasting. I used basic cake mix and vanilla frosting and prepared a cake a how I normally would. I then melted the marshmallows and put in a LOT of powered sugar to mold it into a ball. Eventually, it turned into the fondant I was looking for. The only thing, is I need to work on how to get the color better. I was looking for a deep red and it was more pink. Anyway, it was my first try ever and took some trial and error on the rolling out part, but it turned out decent and tasted great. I am thinking for kids birthdays, this would be fun. I also kept the leftover fondant to let Jack use as molding clay because he can eat it. Craig said that he would then eat Plato. He has done that before too. Thankfully it is non-toxic. Here are some pictures from our day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Y-U-M yum!!!
ReplyDelete