Monday, October 19, 2009
Sewing Steal
My friend Lisa told me about a nursing cover that normally retails for $40 for the great price of $8.95. I was very excited. I wanted a nursing cover and a cute one at that. I ordered one and I loved it. However, I would seem to go places and forget it, so my mom had the great idea of making another one, using the template pattern of the one I purchased. So, I took myself down to the fabric store and picked out cute fabric, D-rings, thread and boning. The boning is so the top can curve and you can see your baby nursing, hands-free. I did the sewing and she showed me how to make the neck tie, put the D-rings on and put in the boning. Total, it cost me -$10 for fabric, $2 for thread, $2 for the D-rings (and I have an extra set) and $1.50 for the boning. So if you already had thread, it was $12.50 for the nursing cover. The best part is you can pick your own fabric! I chose the one below and here is the finished product:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
L-0-V-E love it!!!
ReplyDeleteMy math could be off but isn't $12.50 > $8.95?
ReplyDeleteHil-ar-ious, Craig. I can always count on you for some stellar sarcasm!
ReplyDelete