Monday, October 26, 2009

Not So Halloween

If you know me, you know I am not a Halloween fan. I never celebrated it as a kid, never really like the day and I have personal/religious reasons for not celebrating it (if you care to know more about this, please comment on my post or call me)! Anyway, you can judge me, but that is the way I feel - so bam! And, don't come dressed to my house on Saturday night because I won't have candy. However, I do like pumpkins and so does Craig. He really wanted to carve a pumpkin with Jack. I can hear the jokes now - Jack-O-Lantern. Even though I have my convictions, I still like fall and fun stuff, so we thought Craig and Jack would carve a pumpkin as some father/son bonding time. There was a pumpkin involved, some power tools and lots of yuckiness. Jack seemed somewhat into it and really was mostly interested in using all necessary tools to get out the actual pumpkin gunk and seeds. They did a really great job and our one-toothed carved pumpkin has a redneck appeal to him. I then took the seeds and baked them in the oven. They pretty much taste like popcorn; a nice snack. Enjoy your Fall Festivities!

p style="visibility:visible;">

1 comment: