Welcome to my new space! My kids' blog is a little cramped with stuff about them, so I created a space about me and my thoughts. To kick things off, I wanted to share something new I tried...sewing. I asked my mom to help me, "get to know the machine". I had never touched a sewing machine in my life and was actually quite intimidated. She is a great teacher. She showed my simple stitching and the whip stitch. I really enjoyed it. So, I worked with her on some projects and then took off on my own. I first did three blankets. My mom had made one for Kate that was made from silk and chenille. I made one for my friend's new baby, Brian and two more for Kate. They turned out pretty good, but I learned for next time some changes to make. Then, I got crazy; I decided to make a jumper for Kate. On. My. Own. It took about 2 hours and I probably did it all the wrong ways, but it is functional and looks pretty cute. Craig said, "if you were one of those Chinese ladies, you would have had 30 jumpers done by now." I thought it was kind of funny. Here are my finished products with a cute baby model included:
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think you're crazy for doing another blog, but I won't go there.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the blankets and the jumper!!! I'm very impressed! I can't believe you just started to sew and then decided to make a jumper!
Craig is hilarious. Don't move to China too soon or you won't get a job!