Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Backstitch

I don't know about you, but can you believe it will be November 1st tomorrow? November 1st! This year has flown by for me, possibly due the fact I was pregnant the first nine months, but still it has been a quick 2009. It has been a fun 2009, though.

Onto less overwhelming things. I learned something new! I have learned how to do the backstitch. I am very excited about this. It looks like embroidery, but much easier and actually very cute. My guinea pigs were my nieces and I made them a shirt each. Then I made a pumpkin onesie for my little pumpkin, Kate. I found out about it on several blogs and then was given a tutorial at the www.purlbee.com. It actually has many how-to's and was quite easy to do. All I needed was DMC floss, an erasable pen (they sell them at Joanns, Wal-Mart, etc.) and a needle. I also bought a hoop to help keep the fabric taut. I will be doing more projects in the coming months, especially for my nieces and Kate and maybe all the little girls I know! Well, let's not get crazy.


Finally, I leave you with this. Imagine finding your 2-year old son splashing his hands in the toilet and stuffing the entire roll of toilet paper, cardboard included, into the toilet, repeatedly trying to flush it. That is what happened to me yesterday morning. The toilet survived. Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment