Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hello, January.

I have taken a total of probably 8 pictures since 2012 started.  What have been doing?  We have been living!  Life just keeps rolling and we are making it everyday - and those have been blessed days.  The kids are good.  Jack is growing by leaps and bounds at school coming home with things he learned that day.  Kate is becoming more independent and girly.  Her paci is gone.  We took it away a week ago and she has done pretty good.  There have been times I wanted to give it to her to calm her, but I threw them all away that day as to not succumb to my temptation and be firm.  She has struggled a bit and is napping less, but overall it has been a pretty smooth transition.  The dreaded potty training is around the corner.  I have done it once, so I can do it again, right?

Everything is pretty status quo and I like it that way.  God is working in me and moving and that has been the greatest blessing of this year thus far.  Satan does attack (i.e. when we had our crazy day last week when Kimberly passed out and hit her head and I had to take her to urgent care, only to receive a call while there that Jack needed to be picked up from school due to throwing up).  Everyone was fine and we actually had a good laugh about it later.  The coolest thing I have started to realize is that I am seeing God differently now.  I remember envisioning God and who He was when I was a teenager and felt certain confidences and doubts, but now as an adult and mother, I am seeing Him in a new way.  It is like I am "growing up" in Christ and it is pretty cool.  I have a long journey of still learning more about Him, what He desires of me and how He loves us and I am excited to learn more.  That's all I got now.  I wanted to share that we are alive and doing well just taking it easy in these slow winter months.  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment