Saturday, December 26, 2009

It Was Wonderful!

Christmas. It was just that - wonderful! We spent last weekend with extended family and parents of Craig's and really enjoyed our time. The kids were great in the car and even survived minimal naps and less sleep. The week of Christmas was full of more visiting with family, gift exchanges and a trip to the local kids/nature museum. Jack and Kate got way too many toys and trying to find spots for all of them was hard, but they seem to be enjoying them. Craig and I got what we wanted and feel very blessed by a generous family. I got a new toy - an Ipod Touch and it is a lot of fun. I will try not to be addicted to it like my Blackberry (aka crackberry). Now, as a parent, I am enjoying seeing what the kids get. Kate had no clue, but Jack seemed more interested this year. He still would stop with the first gift and just play with that and I had to remind him he had more, but he caught on pretty quick.

It was kind of chaotic Christmas day with three 18 month olds and one 2 year old, but we learn as we go. First, we learned to limit the amount they get. Second, spread the kids out to open their gifts. Third, just buy 4 of the same thing and everyone will be happy! NOT, they all want the one item the other kid has. Oh, well. There were only a few screams and minimal hitting. Just kidding. The kids were actually very well behaved and got along well.

I enjoy so much our little babies and our nieces and nephew. Seeing them excited is so sweet. I can't wait until they truly understand Jesus and his birth. It was a whirlwind of a month, but overall very rewarding and fun. Now, we wait for 2010. What? Head over to the kids' blog to see some great pictures of the holiday. Here is one thing I got that I am very excited about...



No comments:

Post a Comment