Kate turned 4 months old yesterday! Look at my big girl...
In other news, my other big kid is attempting potty training. Duh, duh, duh! We tried right before Kate was born and he wasn't quite ready. He didn't get the concept, so I thought now would be a good time. Since I am still unemployed, Kate is adapting well to baby life and Jack seems to say when he has gone to the bathroom in his diapers, why not try it again. Day 1 went as expected - difficult. I put underwear on him first thing this morning and by naptime, I had changed his underwear and pants 7 (yes, 7) times. I took him every 15 to 20 minutes and he didn't pee once in the potty. But, I am determined not to use pull-ups and keep trying. I didn't feel frustrated as I expected this would happen. Funny thing was, he slept 3+ hours today for nap and was bone dry when he woke up! Must have peed himself out this morning. So, tomorrow is another day and maybe some success. I plan on giving it at least 5 - 7 days to see if he is getting it or not. If not, we will try again in another month.
Tonight I made a "Big Top" Cupcake which was one of my Christmas presents. This thing is a total "made for TV" gimmick, but I love it. I thought it would be cute to make fun cupcakes for events and just because. My carrot cake with cream cheese icing could use some work, but it tastes good. I will try and work on the aesthetic appeal for next time!
Do you have any leftover icing??? I'll take that off of your hands if you do! :)
ReplyDeleteStay away from pull ups!!! Let me know if you need us to come over and play if you're home-bound with a potty training kid.
Oh! My friend and I made a big top cupcake but it didn't turn out as good as yours... in fact mine looked disastrous!
ReplyDelete