Saturday, February 25, 2012

Happy 1/2 Birthday!

We definitely don't need an excuse to party, so we had a half birthday for the kids last night.  Jack turned 4 1/2 on Feb. 20th and Kate turns 2 1/2 on Feb. 28th.  I also had lots of cake mixes and no frosting, so I whipped up some homemade buttercream, that was pretty great and made a half cake (idea from Pinterest).  I also got some hats, plates and a banner from the dollar store and wrapped up some gifts.  The thing about the gifts is that after Christmas each year, we save some gifts and "release" them throughout the year to the kids.  They think it is new and we don't buy more toys.  So I pulled out the box and wrapped a few items and then gave some candy and a couple other dollar store items.  Total cost for 1/2 birthday - $12!  And, it was a fun night.  We made homemade pizzas and had cake and opened the presents.  The kids really enjoyed it and it was fun to hang out and just visit.









No comments:

Post a Comment