HUGE news to report...Jack asked Jesus in his heart! He has been asking questions lately about God and praying and how we talk to Him and on Thursday, February 9th, he asked on the way to school about how we get to Heaven. I told him that requires recognizing you make bad choices (sin) and realize that God wants us to make good decisions and He died on the cross so we can go to heaven. He said he wanted to pray right then the sinner's prayer and we did. We talked about it more and he seemed to really grasp the concept and I believe he truly made a decision to give his life to Christ. It is a very overwhelming, amazing feeling when your child decides they want to follow Christ. We talked about baptism, as he calls "bathtism" and asking God to help us make good choices. It seems so complex, but is such a simple concept that we make more difficult. Believe your are a sinner, accept God's unconditional love, recognize He died on the cross and rose again and decide to try and live like Christ. This is biggest decision of His life and we will continue to help guide and prepare him for his journey in life as a born again believer! I am still in shock a little bit, but so amazingly happy for Him. I know angels are rejoicing too!
But Jesus said, "Allow the little children, and don't forbid them to come to me; for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to ones like these." - Matthew 19:14
On a side note, not much to report around here in general or for Valentine's day. Craig actually worked pretty late that night, so the kids and I hung out here and went and grabbed some TexMex for dinner. I truly LOVE those kids. They make us laugh all the time. The kids made some cute Valentine's for us at school to share. My mom got festive on Sunday night at dinner with heart shaped desserts, some plates and a Valentine's banner and Gramma sent some goodies for the kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment