Monday, March 21, 2011

Reward Station and "Analise"

On a completely random note to kick things off, "Jack Fish", our only remaining fish is apparently a girl.  She has laid a lot of eggs.  The good news is that we don't have Shark anymore and HE may have finished the task and we may have had babies.

Jack is 3 1/2.  He is a wonderful child, but he is 3 1/2 and can get whiny and independent.  Needless to say, we needed something to give him an incentive to listen, be polite, share and other tasks that promote other good behaviors.  I created a reward chart and used Thomas the Train as the theme.  He starts at the "Starting Station" and can move forward or backwards depending on his behavior.  When he makes it to the Reward Station he gets a reward.  We have been doing this about 6 weeks now and he has made it to the Reward Station 3 times.  The first time, he got a stuffed Pablo from the Backyardigans.  The second time we got a Mr. Potato Head from his "saved" Christmas gifts.  Today we went to Toys R Us and got a Hot Wheels truck and car set that was on clearance.  We try not to spend a lot, around $10, but he enjoys it and it actually has worked.  We can use that to promote good behavior and he does not like Thomas to move backwards.  He also reminds us when he does something good - like sharing with Kate.



I have made some things recently and cannot share because they are gifts, but here is something I made for Kate this weekend.  I found this new pattern - PortobelloPixie Pattern Analise - and loved the tie in the back. The pattern itself was actually very easy to follow and I loved how she wrote the pattern.

Kate is not a fan when I make her try on clothes and take her picture.




1 comment: