Summer sewing has begun! Well, I finally finished up some projects and worked on some new ones. The first project I completed just in time (the day of the event) was Kayleigh's Dora dress. I am getting better at the pillowcase style, but I still like to tweak them every new dress I make. She even has a matching handbag...
The other projects I completed were the dresses for Claire and Paige called The Handmade Dress. They were a little bit too long, but they will grow into them. Paige loved hers so much, she didn't want to take it off and was skipping around the house - that girl cracks me up! I also made shorts for Blake and Jack. I got a pattern, Creations by Michie', and it is an awesome pattern. It only uses to pieces of fabric and elastic for the waist. Oh, and I made some shorts for the girls too...
Finally, I wanted to do something with this awesome lobster fabric. I thought it was more for a boy, but then I looked at The Smock Shoppe blog and today they had shorts for girls using a fishing lure pattern. So apparently, some more masculine patterns, can be girly too. Again, another pillowcase dress, but I haven't actually made one for Kate she can wear. I keep making them for other people.
My last project, which is not completed, is for Kate and I am going to smock another dress. It is a bishop dress and I am going to get the dress pleated tomorrow. I cannot wait to get started on it.
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOVE all your projects!! I want to make Daniel some shorts using that exact pattern! Where did you get it? And the lobster dress with red polka dot border is to die for!!!
ReplyDelete