Saturday, April 7, 2012

Beyond the Bunny - Easter Week

After Spring Break, things got into full swing again with school and schedules.  The kids only have 7 weeks of school left!  They have been learning so much at school, especially with Easter.  Kate has even been saying randomly, "Jesus died on the cross for our sins".  Jack is definitely getting it.  They had their Easter parties and fun egg hunts.






This Easter has been extra special for me personally this year.  God has been moving in my heart recently, and I just really felt the spirit and the true meaning this season.  Easter is my favorite holiday and I love the eggs, bunnies and candy, of course, but realizing I serve a living God has me excited!  Satan attempted to rob my joy this week with different challenges, but God always wins as He did on the cross and with His resurrection.  I challenged myself to read all 4 versions of the crucifixion and resurrection in the gospels and was really intrigued how they all built the story in different ways, but all had the meaning and purpose.

Good Friday was great too.  Our church had a simple service with the Lord's supper and Jack participated for the first time as a Christian!  It was a neat experience to be able to share that with him.  He sipped the tiny cup of juice and ate the bread and we talked about why we do it to remember Jesus' sacrifice.  His walk will grow, but seeing him now is amazing.

God has truly revealed Himself this week in so many ways.  He has grown my faith, my patience, my peace in Him and my desire to serve and trust Him more.  My prayer is that I am willing to continue to grow and to have others see a change in me.  One of my favorite songs was "Change My Heart, O God"...

Change my heart, O God, make it ever true.  Change my heart, O God, may I be like you.  You are the potter, I am the clay, mold me and make me, this is what I pray.


He is Alive!







1 comment:

  1. I love the treats you made for the kids' classmates, but I love that you kept the true meaning of Easter during this season!

    ReplyDelete