Thursday, November 3, 2011

It's All Good

What have been doing around here?!?!  Lots o' stuff.  Kate has now started 5 days/week at school and I am working all of those days.  Soccer for Jack is over, but we will still be busy, but this is best time of the year.  We have our Harvest Party coming up, more football, Thanksgiving, a trip to Disney, school parties, school events and all leading up to Christmas!  When I think about it, I get a tad overwhelmed, but I am thankful for this time of blessing and God's goodness.  

He is also blessing me spiritually as well.  I am learning and having fun with Visionary Parenting classes and Common Threads sewing group and learning to understand how God has created me and how I can be used.  I took a personality/Biblical comparison test using Monvee.  You have to sign up, but it is really cool.  My learning style is visual, which I knew and my worship style is Pathway.  My biblical counterpart is Jonathan.  Our personalities are similar.  Social, energetic, peacemaker, but I can also deny real issues and not confront problems.  It shows my strengths and weaknesses and how I can grow in Christ.  Satan is using his cunning ways to attack, but he won't win.

The best moment this week was when I was putting Jack to bed, he told me he wanted to recite his verse.  I said sure and he whipped out Ephesians 6:1-4 - Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.  “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise—  “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.”  Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.

I almost cried.  So proud of him and what he is learning at school.  

No comments:

Post a Comment