Friday, October 7, 2011

Visionary Parenting

Parenting is hard.  I mean, really hard.  I love it, but those kids can drive you crazy and you have to teach them everything and you have to potty train them.  But........it is so worth it.  It truly is amazing and I am so thankful I was chosen with Craig to be Jack and Kate's mom.  Since I don't have all the answers, I am looking for some and I have found out I want to be a Visionary Parent.  Our church started a study a few weeks back reading Rob Rienow's Visionary Parenting.  This book is amazing.  Read it, soak it up and learn from it.  We did just a few weeks and then we were supposed to move on to something else, but I felt God pulling me back to the book and wanting me to continue the book and review it again.  So, for the next 5 Wednesdays, I will be facilitating this group.  I am so excited and Satan knows that too.  He has been on the prowl lately with sickness in our family, angry feelings and me struggling with my "mommyhood".  He won't win; God always does.

I am excited about this group and if you are local and want to join...contact me and come!  I was also pleasantly surprised the book is applicable to all stages of parenthood - from thinking about having kids to having grandchildren.  To read a biblical model of what God desires for the family is quite overwhelming, but exciting to.  Our goal is to get our children "safely home" to Heaven.  That means we make tough decisions, we don't compromise on our faith and we pray, read, worship and grow.  

Proverbs 22:6 - Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Get your book here.


No comments:

Post a Comment